Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Sincerest Plea

Dear Lord,

I am guilty of calling upon your name in my time of need more often than in my time of bliss, something in which I am trying to work on with great intent. My relationship with you has not always been the strongest, and I have not always been a believer, so to speak. While I “believe” now, I am not quite sure I believe in the traditional Catholic sense in which I was raised to believe... I do, however, acknowledge quite humbly that there is something out there, a deity of some sort, that is beyond me and mortals in general; there has to be, I mean doesn't there? I don't really question it anymore, to be entirely honest. When I stare at vast landscapes or witness the many contradictions in which this tumultuous, radical world of ours has to offer (think miracles and kind treatment versus brutality), I am rather certain there is an entity that holds unspeakable power and knowledge... I do at this point in time believe there are things in which us mere mortals are not meant to understand during this lifetime... anyhow, I am calling upon you now. Please restore me back to health and vigor, a state of bliss in which I have not been able to endure for several months now. I still feel quite horrid from my last infection despite this new “groundbreaking” medicine we have tricked my body into accepting... I feel rather out of my league here. If it I not one thing, it surely seems to be another like my infected arm, chronic KTS pain or anxiety and depression... At times, the burden feels too strong and I fear I wasn't meant to be a survivor, though in previous times I always thought of myself as one. It's not just myself in which I am asking for, but for my family and friends, too. I watch them watch me and see the deep emotional suffering it causes them, and I am powerless to stop it...

There is so much in which I want to do, so many people in which I want to help, and I cannot fulfill these duties from my bed... Please return me to health so I can not only resume my own daily schedule, but help others in a way in which I know I was always meant to. I was put here to help, and I am of no use to anybody while unable to help myself. Please grant me the gift of good health once again, and let the your sun's rays illuminate my fatigued soul once again. This is my public plea of sincerity... but not only for myself. There is so much suffering amongst others out there; how horrid would I be not to mention that of my KT brothers and sisters, at the very least? Some of them have suffered in the same manner, if not much worse... may you grant them the gift of restored health and a happy state of mind... The suffering in which this disease is causing me and my colleagues is so rampant at this point in time, please, whoever and wherever you are, grant us a break, and let us begin to heal as a community so we can help others...

Signed,
Desperate


No comments:

Post a Comment