Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Not All Bad, You Know

Often, when I write on here, I think about the audience in which I am speaking to. I know there are moms and dads of KTS patients, and younger KTS patients as well who read some of my writings. Lately, it's been pretty dismal on here, for which I am partially responsible... Yes, life circumstance plays a role, undoubtedly, but it's also what we make of it.
For that reason, even though I am going through a tough time, I found it worthy to dedicate a post to some of my happier times! Also, it's important for me to mention that there have been countless heaps of happier times, even with this condition! Right now I am in somewhat of a low place with it, but like everything else in life, there are good and bad times. Just because you or your child may have been born with such a rare, manipulative syndrome does not mean all is lost - BY ANY MEANS. So, my sincerest apologies if I have been making things seem that way at all. It's like the saying that goes: If you want the sunshine, you have to put up with the rain. ( =

 Below, see me in some happy moments!


This night was a lot of fun. Some of my friends and I took a limo into Boston and went out for the night! 
As you can see, I am rather young here, but I always have the fondest memories of being young and doing things with my family! Here is my sister Danielle and I (I am not sure what amusement park we are at).
My sister and I used to have so much fun playing outdoors when we were younger! We always loved our Barbie Jeep, it was far better than any technology in which young kids engage in today! There is nothing like fresh air and a good time.
Here I am in high school (I believe it was 11th grade) during Spirit Week with my friend Kaitlyn. It was always so much fun to dress up and get silly.
Meeting some of my KT family last summer. This really was such a groundbreaking trip for me in many ways...I met the kindest of kind souls... This picture, in particular, is bittersweet because it was the last day of the meeting and we had to say goodbye to each other soon thereafter.
On vacation in Florida! I am a huge Florida fan, and always get such a happy vibe whenever I am there. Here, I am at one of the Disney amusement parks on a rented scooter. My grandparents, mom, and younger sister were also there. It was an absolute blast, and I was so happy to get away from Boston for a bit. The trip took place during one of the later winter months, and I was so happy to escape from the snow back at home!
This is when I went apple-picking with my family a few years back. You can see my sister to the outer left of this picture; we always have a lot of fun together. It's nice when you truly get caught up in a moment so much so that you don't even realize a picture is being taken!
This is me with my amazing best friend Fe June in Boston! She has been the best friend/sister I could have asked for in sickness and health. She is every bit as lovable to me as any human being, and I am so thankful she came into my life! I find Boston Commons to be such a peaceful atmosphere, so it was great to spend some quality time with my pal there. 
This is me in the Aruba ocean with my sister Alyssa! Vacationing in Aruba always brings back the fondest of memories, and it's a great chance to escape from home for a bit and forget about some daily stressors.
Here are my sisters and I before our flight to Aruba when I was in eighth grade! It was so early in the morning, but we were so elated to be going on vacation. I still remember getting into our car when it was dark out and what song was playing on the radio! Such a great time overall.


Bam!  & there you have it ( : That's all for now - A

No comments:

Post a Comment