Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So the redness of the initial infection spot (the thigh) has spread its way up to the left side (KTS inpacted) buttock. The redness is the same of all my typical cellulitis infections, but there is no tenderness there as of right now.

Systematically, I still have a low grade fever and just feel tired/weak. However, that is to be expected with these kind of ordeals.

For now, I just continue on oral antibiotics unless things take a sharp turn for the worst.

So, some of you may be wondering, why do some (of my) infections require hospitalization while others do not? I will try my best to make this as simplistic as possible.
- presence of acute systematic symptoms: I have had fevers as high as 105 when I have gotten these cellulitis infections; anything over 101 typically insinuates I need the emergency room. Some systematic symptoms (temperature aside) include vomiting, extreme dizziness, intolerable pain in infected area, inability to stand, sweating profusely, having the chills, massive headaches, being dehydrated, etc.. Those are some of the main ones that have come to my mind.

Fortunately, I have not been that kind of sick since June. With this one, I just have a little headache and, once again, a low grade fever. I am incredibly sore but it does not feel like I have knives being jabbed into my thigh (and thank god for that).

I am also in extremely close proximity to the hospital. If things do go sour, it is approximately a half hour from here to the emergency room.

I am lucky, and as always, will heal.
I start school in ten days, however, so hopefully it will be sooner rather than later! - A

No comments:

Post a Comment