Saturday, August 3, 2013

Relentless Recovery



Hey everyone,
So the above picture is one in which I took today to showcase part of the area that was worked on during my most recent surgery with Dr. Fishman. If you look at the back of my thigh and the area that is closest to my underwear, then you will see some of the more prominent areas in which he co2 lasered. The one's from Dr. Alomari's surgery in June are fully recovered and you can see some of those scars accentuated on my longer birthmark.

I am still in so much pain from Dr. Fishman's surgery. It hurts so incredibly bad; the skin keeps getting really dry so I have to keep rubbing bacetracin all over it. The other day, it was so dry that I had to use an entire tube in order to generously cover all of the areas! If you don't keep the areas moist, they crack and bleed which just prolongs healing. Not to mention you are opening yourself up for the risk of infection all the more so. The pain radiating from the areas is still so intense even though it is almost two weeks after surgery, and that's with the pain medicine! I would honestly have to think about whether or not I would want co2 laser surgery again in the future... The amount of torture in which the recoveries from Dr. Alomari's and Dr. Fishman's surgeries have inflicted upon me has been rather brutal. I'm ready to return to my old life now, although I am not quite sure what that entails as I never really have a concept of “normal” due to my tumultuous medical life...

Wishing you all well,
-A


By the way, I may need to stop signing these with “A” at the end...one of my nurses at Children's Hospital Boston (Kristen, if you're reading this, hi!!!) got me into Pretty Little Liars (a television show) ...if you know anything about the show then you know why I may be reluctant to sign these with an A from now on lol

4 comments:

  1. I have so much to tell you. I rarely look at Twitter so hope you can reply. I am 43 now, have suffered so much in the past, I suffer with all aspects of KTS and would like to help you. My portwine stain alone completly covers my Right Arm, Hand, Chest, Back then I get a small break before it restarts on me Butt lol and covers my right leg and foot. I would love to hear from you. My E-mail address is Phillip.Conway.Clacton@gmail.com I hope you are feeling less sore. Hope to hear from you soon. Phillip Conway x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Phil! I am so sorry to hear of your past suffering with this condition. I will send an email over to you this afternoon! Looking forward to being in contact and thank you for the well wishes! - Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey arianna
    my name is valentina and i am 18 years old
    i come from germany
    i also have the KTS. My left hand and my left leg are much bigger than the right ones. i have also red areas at my right leg
    i am very impressed about your courage and that you are able to speak selfconscious about your KTS.
    i´m looking foward for your answer. you can contact me sandra.luthy@googlemail.com
    valentina from darmstadt near frankfurt

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey arena, i have read your post blog and was wondering what do you think having surgery at Boston hospital children by doctor Fishman and Alomari I heard a lot about this team , please let me know more details
    I appreciate it
    Emails
    Didou2king@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete