Sunday, January 13, 2013

Something is not right, and at the moment I am powerless to do anything about it. I absolutely hate this feeling, not that I have ever met anyone that likes being powerless over their own physical health...

My cellulitis infection from a week prior may not be cellulitis, or so I am being led to believe right now based upon my current symptoms.. Right now, it appears to have morphed into a DVT based upon the fact that there is a distinct red area in which there is hardness of the skin and a ball-like feeling when feeling the area. I have had clots like these several times in the past, and I have a pretty familiar grasp of how they feel/behave.

I am obviously not a doctor, but the following breakdown will be based upon the knowledge I have gained from my past medical experiences.

Here's the deal
- The symptoms of some cellulitis infections and DVT's can actually mimic each other
- In some cases, this can make diagnosing a KTS patient with one or the other incredibly tricky. One expert may say it is definitely a clot, while another may say cellulitis is the main culprit

Right now I am guessing one of two things
1 ) There was an infection, which has gradually gotten better with antibiotics over the past few days. During the healing of the area, a clot started to form ultimately leading to my present state.
2) It was never an infection to begin with and we misdiagnosed it (this has happened prior). However, since the area responded to the Avelox 400/day so well initially, I am less inclined to believe this one.

Again, I am obviously not a doctor but I will say this much: I am a student and in a week I am due to resume my college classes. The area is on my upper thigh, and right now bearing weight on said area (despite how soft it is) is extremely uncomfortable. None of my experts are there tomorrow, so I will need to wait to see how this situation evolves into Monday.

Maybe it will just disappear?

A KTS girl can dream, can't she? ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment