Saturday, January 5, 2013

Medically, I am still in a pretty good place with my Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome. However, the winter season has been tough pain wise, which I was definitely not expecting; summer tends to be the season that impacts KTS Patients the most because of the high heat and humidity. While I have become accustomed to seasonal weather variables impacting my KTS, I was not even mildly prepared for what these colder months were going to bring.

While I am on pain medication (15 mg/day) that has helped tremendously over the past several months, it has not spared me of the winter tenderness I am experiencing. If I had to describe it, I would say it is almost like a strong headache in my lower leg (the upper leg is immune to this pain so it appears, thankfully) and foot.

I've had a multitude of nights when I have woken up in pain so strong that I have not been able to fall back asleep. That was until about two weeks ago, when I tried a heating pad; just a normal $20 heating pad has helped so much! Each case of KTS is obviously so incredibly different, but if any of you are experiencing similar problems, I would say just go ahead and at least try it to see if it make make your pain more bearable.


Here are some pictures of my leg from the other night. It's funny, because it looks better than ever despite how problematic it's been pain wise this winter!




How are these months treating you guys? -A

No comments:

Post a Comment