Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cloves Awareness Day! Watch Dr. Alomari Speak on Discovery...

Hi everyone! I know I have not written as frequently as I have in the past, but I promise you I am working on some pieces in which I will be posting soon. Some of them are rather intimate in nature, but I believe in garnering awareness and hopefully helping others to learn from my own mistakes.

In the meantime, though, today is CloveS Awareness Day! As you are aware, I was born with a congenital condition entitled Klippel Trenaunay Syndrome. A lot of the times, the symptoms overlap with that of Cloves Syndrome. Today is Cloves Syndrome Awareness Day! Please educate yourself about the condition by going to http://www.clovessyndrome.org/index.cfm or checking out the CLOVEs Syndrome Community Facebook page. I have had the pleasure of meeting some of these patients in the past and they are some of the kindest, most resilient people you will ever come across and inspire me immensely. Please spread the awareness! 

Below is a video of my interventional radiologist, Dr. Alomari of Children's Hospital Boston, speaking about the process of discovering Cloves and establishing it as a condition in the world of medicine. I have worked with this particular Dr. a multitude of times and he is, simply put, sensational in every aspect. 

Until next time, 
Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment