Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hey guys! I have resumed school in the past week and while the heavy workload is just about to begin, I am completely enamored by it, as usual.

 The one thing in which I have not done at school that I desperately need to is to register with disability services. In all actuality, I should have done this two years ago, but was utterly hesitant to. It was quite silly on my part as it has created a lot more obstacles as a student dealing with Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome. The fact is that nobody will take you serious when you do need an accommodation unless you are registered with disability services. So, incoming college freshman, do not make the same mistake I did. I myself am in  the process of registering now.

Why didn't I sign up initially, as in two years ago, when it would have made my college life a lot easier? I wanted to separate my chronic illness from my school life; I basically wanted to play make believe that I was a normal student. And I am, except for the fact that I have one of the rarest medical conditions known to man. ( ; My fantasy is over and reality has set in yet again; KTS is messy and will bleed over into all areas of my live. Take the proper steps, however, and you can sometimes clean the mess up that much easier.

Here is a recent picture taken about an hour ago; my leg feels really heavy tonight.



Hope you all are well - and warm! It's been four degrees here, literally! - A

No comments:

Post a Comment