Monday, June 2, 2014

Beach Days Are Here

Not even two weeks ago, I went to the beach for the first time in 3 years. Last summer, as some of you may already be aware, I was basically a permanent fixture as a Children's Hospital inpatient from March through the end of September due to my Klippel. The year prior to that, although not nearly as vile in nature, was somewhat similar in terms of my Klippel. Rather than infections, though, I had some rather intense interventional radilogy procedures performed on me. These procedures required long bouts of recovery, causing me to miss out on the vast majority of the summer season in New England.
So, when the chance to go to the beach arose this year, I leaped at it. My particular case of Klippel is rather unpredictable, so I try my hardest to take advantage of my "healthier times" without overdoing it. Below are some pictures from my first beach day of this year. I do consider this to be somewhat of a landmark, as I was not in a sound medical state to go these past 3 years or so. I'll be writing more soon! - Arianna



No comments:

Post a Comment