Thursday, June 5, 2014

Amen

I copied this from a Facebook status of mine I just wrote a few minutes back. It pretty much sums up where I am at during this point of my life. 


You want to know how I honestly feel in this moment? That life is tragically and deliciously short all at the same damn time. That it is too short to spend your time around people who continuously make you upset even after you have tried to best your best foot forward with them continuously. Some relationships are worth the work, that much I believe, but there also comes a point where you have to save yourself. And, in general, those who bully others are really hiding behind a facade of low self-esteem and petty ignorance. 
So, let's put our best foot forward everyday to love one another and get along because this game of life will all be over way too soon... Next time you hug someone, hug them like it could be the last time you see them. It's so easy to take the seemingly menial things in life for granted. Later on, though, you may just realize that perhaps they were some of the most exquisite things life ever had to offer....
I for one am guilty of taking numerous things for granted, despite trying to remind myself constantly not to. Sometimes I say the wrong things, hurt those closest to me, and just flat-out screw up. All I can really do is look back on the past and learn from it and live the next day as a better person... a more beautiful one. Because beauty, truly, is skin deep. The rest of it will eventually fade away and you will be left with nothing but your soul. I love my cosmetics and fashion, but sometimes it's far too easy to focus too much attention on the outside as opposed to nurturing the true golden reserve of the body, the soul. - A


No comments:

Post a Comment