Monday, September 10, 2012

I am in my second week of being back at school this semester and my mind has not been this stimulated in a while; not to mention, things are for the most part going fantastically with my KTS. 
When I think of where I was five years ago to now, I feel extremely blessed. During that period of time, I wasn't sure if my life was going to be like that forever, if I would spend every couple of weeks with infections; if the people I would consider my friends would be nurses who had me as a patient several times.

I feel so utterly privileged to be where I am at right now, I'm privy to so much wisdom and great learning. When it comes to new people and "normal" kids around my age, I tend to get very anxious socially and isolate myself. However, the good thing about school is that it forces me to have to interact with other students my age, whether it's group projects or talking after class. In situations like these, I find exposure therapy works the best for me.

I basically just want to say that for anyone going through a particularly hard time with their KTS right now, remain hopeful and optimistic. Things do have the ability to change and get better, and you'll be surprised where life can take you in regards to your health.  

No comments:

Post a Comment