Sunday, September 2, 2012


As I've gotten older, I have begun to realize the impact in which a chronically ill family member can have on the other family members/family as a whole.

I re-watched an old Disney channel movie today entitled “Tru Confessions" today and wanted to share the link. Unfortunately, the network rarely (if ever) airs this anymore. However, I found the entire movie on YouTube and will post the link below.

The movie does not relate to KTS specifically, of course, but I found it to have some important universal lessons in which everyone can benefit from.



Eddie: [crying] It's not fair. 

Tru: What's not fair, Eddie? 
Eddie: I wanna be done being different. 
Tru: Everybody's different, Eddie. Not just you. 
Eddie: I'm REAL different! I wanna be the same as everybody else. 
Tru: But... if you were just the same as everybody else, you wouldn't get all that special help in school... and you wouldn't be allowed to rollerblade in the house, and... and you wouldn't be the... amazing... brother... that I love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment