Friday, August 3, 2012


While at the KT conference, I had numerous people (mostly parents) come up to me and mention my old blog, KT Fabulous, to me. A lot of them shared kind words about how it helped them, and how much they appreciated it. Never had I imagined that my words could come of such comfort to others dealing with similar experiences - whether it was the patient themselves or the family members.

It was weird to hear this in person, but truly awe-inspiring. Then, on Saturday, I am presented a certificate which was awarded to me bases upon the writings I did for the blog. When Mel (one of the main organizers of the KTS meeting, runs K-T.org) , the person presenting the certificates, called me name, I was in utter shock. Never had I thought my writings had made such a deep impact on the KT community that their essence would be remembered long after I had deleted them. If anything, though, the whole experience encouraged me to keep writing. For me, there is one essential component in every single piece of writing I do, heart. Without heart, what's the point?

Maybe that is why people related to my old writings so much – I wasn't scared to strip down to my naked emotions. I rarely held back in regards to my experiences and lessons, and I can honestly say that for me it was worth it.

So whether or not you may have read the old blog or this is your first time ever reading something of mine, I hope I can at least be of a little inspiration to you or somebody out there. I cannot guarantee the type of KTS related topics I will be mainly writing about; I will probably switch around. However, I can say with great certainty that they will be genuine, just as all my old ones were.  



No comments:

Post a Comment