Sunday, August 5, 2012

This picture was taken approximately two weeks ago on a hot and humid evening in New England.
Below is the area impacted by my KTS; it may look somewhat alarming for someone who has never seen a case of KT before. However, in comparison to some other cases of KT, I have it very mild.

When I was younger, my doctors would comment on how "great" it looked on the outside. They were referring to the shape and texture. Shape wise, you can easily make out that it's a leg and foot. Not to mention, the texture is fairly smooth and similar to my right leg. 

"You think THIS looks great?" I would say to myself. Now, as I've gotten older, I have come to realize what they meant by using that word. I have been exposed to many visuals of worse cases than I have, and as much as I hate to appreciate my fortune based upon the misfortune of others, I cannot help but feel lucky I got it as mild as I did. At the doctors presentations in Minnesota, I saw many pictures of some of the most extreme cases ever documented. It is incredibly eye-opening, and a reality check as to what could have been.



No comments:

Post a Comment