Tuesday, August 28, 2012



One thing in which I am extremely guilty of is comparing myself and my life's progress to that of a normal (healthy) kid my age. Even though my life has been anything but normal in regards to my physical health, I still mentally hold myself to the same standards in terms of my overall progress in life as far as work, school, and my personal matters are concerned. I like to ignore all of the extenuating circumstances in which I have had throughout the years that may have hindered my perceived lack of growth in some of these areas; in some ways, doing so is being completely in denial of some of the realities I've dealt with, which is clearly not a healthy manner in which to conduct my life.

I am learning to accept and believe that I am where I should be right now in my life; my life pace is not necessarily going to match up with that of my friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment