Monday, December 16, 2013

Inpatient for Cellulitis

Hi everyone - unfortunately I am writing this post from my hospital bed on 10 NW at CHB as I was admitted for a cellulitis infection. Last night, I took a spontaneous nap. Upon awakening, I had this familiar, horrible pain radiating from deep in my left buttock. I knew this pain well, and therefore had mom take me to the emergency room immediately. I was still taking Keflex 1000 mg daily - but apparently that was not good enough for my body. This morning I had a 101 fever, chills. severe pain in both my left buttock and thigh (It spread down there throughout the course of the night), and redness. At present, I am on 4mg of Morphine every two hours which I have been told is a hefty dosage. Below is a picture I took earlier today of the area. Please pardon the fact that it's of my butt haha. From what I have been told, it has gotten redder since this picture had been taken, and of course I had to take it with my lousy blackberry camera... - A




No comments:

Post a Comment