Saturday, July 27, 2013

Catching Up

So much to catch you guys up on! I have been inpatient since Tuesday, and since then have had two surgeries as well as a cellulitis flare-up occur within that time period. At the moment I am well, just in a great deal of pain due to my surgeries despite all of the pain medications I am on.

I don't want to write everything in one long post, so I will be spreading out the next few posts summarizing about all that has gone on throughout my time here the past several days. At this point in time, the surgical resident is saying I should be able to leave Monday – at the earliest, anyways. So naturally, I am going to try my hardest for Monday. I come from a close-knit family and not being able to go home with them at the end of the day is really tough on my heart. One of the hardest emotions to deal with while I'm here is that of homesickness/loneliness. 

Anyways, before I get too carried away on this post alone, I will leave you guys with a picture of me and my sister from when she visited the other night. I miss her a great deal and she always helps to cheer me up whenever I am in here. The picture below was taken in the recovery room just after my first operation.



Stay tuned, lots more to come! ; )

XOXO - A

No comments:

Post a Comment