Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Sirolimus Diaries: Update, I have Stopped the Sirolimus

For someone who used to shower upwards of 3 to 4 times a day (prior to my diagnosis and treatment for OCD), it was rather odd to find myself going days at a time without showering. In fact, aside from the undeniably noticeable changes in hygiene, I was sleeping more than ever before, too. I would awake for a few hours at a time, and then instantaneously fall back asleep as though I had been tuckered out from a full days work... Perhaps the most asinine part, though, was that I lost my volition to live. Suicidal thoughts ran rampant throughout my mind, and I did some risky things, fully aware of the negative consequences in which my actions could lead to. It's easy to look at pictures of me smiling with friends or family and think, wow, that girl seems really well-adjusted especially despite the medical chaos she has endured. That same smile, perhaps my own best manipulative friend (or enemy, rather), was the same one that allowed me to conceal my inner distress for quite some time before my mental collapse at 18.

There are a multitude of recent happenings that the vast majority of my Facebook friends don't quite know about, for these are typically not things one would advertise on a social networking platform. However, I have always made honesty (along with transparency) one of my top priorities in terms of this blog, and can say with the utmost sincerity that I have not strayed from that, nor do I have any intention of doing so in the future. With that in mind, it is time to share my experience as to why I have chosen to stop taking Sirolimus (for now, at least) in spite of the past two non-chaotic and most stable months (medically speaking, which is a rather long duration of time for me). At this point in time, I have been off the Sirolimus for approximately a weeks time. I was on it for approximately 3 months up until then. I could quite honestly write pages in regards to this current topic, so I am going to split up my writing in sections. This is the first post in regards to stopping the Sirolimus but it will undoubtedly not be the last. If interested in why I decided to stop this medicine (with the support of Dr. Trenor, after sending a letter to him explaining my reasoning), check back for I will have a lot in which to share with you guys.

Love, prayers, and blessings,

Arianna







No comments:

Post a Comment