Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A New Chapter

A couple of days ago, I entered a relationship with a man who is both kindhearted and intelligent, not to mention an all-around beautiful person. This is my first time being in an official relationship as an adult and not a teenager, although I would not exactly consider my past relationships to have even been relationships; nor would you if you knew the details, that much I can promise! I have had a few intense emotional dalliances with men in the past several months, but we never placed a title...I was never ready to give myself to someone the way in which a boyfriend and girlfriend should, in an emotional manner, so to speak.

I am scared of so much at current; but, if I keep living my life being scared without ever having taken chances, there will be nothing of redemption come the end of my journey here on Earth... When I say scared, I mean something in which I do not even know how to explain...I am not trying to use my Klippel as a scapegoat, but it certainly makes it harder and the edges of life more jagged, if you will. To share your pain with someone else, all the while trying not to burden them, is perhaps one of the scariest things I will have to maneuver. 

You will not see me write about my relationship here (well, not any of the specifics, anyway) out of respect for him; I am simply writing this post to let readers know that I am forging ahead with my life in spite of past (and current) fears: I refuse to let the fear in which this condition has imparted upon me to drown out the better parts of life, at least not if I can help it. I have seen many a Klippel patients date, have relationships, get married, etc. despite their issues, and they have inspired me to try and put myself out there in a way I previously never though possible due to my own anxiety. I still have so many issues to work through, but I am at least trying, and for that much I do commend myself.

Hope you all are well!
-Arianna

No comments:

Post a Comment