Thursday, May 29, 2014

Compression Pump

Despite the physical fatigue in which I am feeling, I am unable to sleep due to a flurry of incessant thoughts. These anxiety driven thoughts, vile in nature, are enough to keep me awake for hours on end. There are quite a lot of things that scare me about the future, if I am being rather honest.

Tonight was a particularly bad pain night, or perhaps that is the understatement of the year. My lower leg hurt so incredibly bad that I felt as though I was going to completely lose all sanity in which I had ever possessed – I want to feel as though I am free, and yet the physical constraints of Klippel can leave me feeling as though I will be trapped for eternity. Over the past several years, I have observed that as the warmer weather approaches (I live in New England), the pain in my lower left leg goes awry. The pain is so incredibly wretched that I am unable to think of anything else, except how to possibly quell it. Tonight, unable to tolerate the pain any longer, I pulled out my compression pump for the first time in a long while and let it works it's magic for a couple of hours.

Below is a picture of it – while in use – from earlier this evening.


Whenever I first start it up, it hurts so incredibly bad for a couple of minutes. That, from what I know, is due to the amount of fluid that is stuck in there (which, at the beginning of the process, is at it's peak). However, after a couple of minutes it feels as though the device is gently massaging the fluid up my leg and the pain from the pump has halted.


Do you guys use compression machines of this nature? Do you find them to be as helpful as I do? - Arianna

No comments:

Post a Comment