Sunday, April 14, 2013

Update: Recovering from Sepsis


So infectious diseases said I had sepsis. That word scares me a lot, and I don't think I've actually met that criteria since I was much younger. To think that my own body turned on me so incredibly fast is just mind-blowing – I've had intense cellulitis infections, but systemically, nothing of this caliber. As for right now, I am kind of stuck in that “in-between” phase, the one where I am loads better than I was but also still far from my baseline. A lot of people showed me love and support though and for that I am very much so appreciative.
My mom (as usual) took care of me like no one else when I was at my neediest and I try to never let that stuff be forgotten in my healthier times.

Mentally, I feel a wreck as this hospitalization has drove a major wench into my semester at school. I was in an amazing groove and then it feels like all of the bricks just came tumbling down. There's only three weeks left in the semester, so there's not a ton of time to get back on track if I plan to finish.

For now, I am going to attempt to relax. But there's still so much more in which I want to write, but I want to pace it out a bit so it's not all one mangled mess on here. - A

Me being goofy the other day

3 comments:

  1. I always ѕρent my half аn hοur to read this web sitе's posts daily along with a mug of coffee.

    my web page ... Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a brave young lady! An inspiration to all those who deal with this type of "life." You get better soon!! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thank you so much for your kind words, anonymous! I appreciate your well wishes and kindness, lots of love xoxo and thanks for the support

    ReplyDelete