Monday, April 15, 2013

Update 2 on Sepsis


This infection has taken so much out of me; when I stand, I feel like I need to sit down because I am so fatigued. I am incredibly thirsty all of the time so I am constantly drinking fluids. Aside from that, the area is still somewhat sore. I still have ways to go before reaching my baseline, but I am so much better than I initially was in the hospital, so I'm grateful for that.
I've come a long way since the hospital
I still have to monitor my temperature a lot despite being on Avelox 400 mg daily (for a grand total of three weeks). The reason for this is to make sure I am not breaking through the medicine. So far I have remained lucky and my temperature has remained at baseline.

I woke up today to find out about the horrific tragedy that happened approximately 30 minutes from my house, the Boston Marathon bombings. To all injured and impacted, my deepest condolences. Boston is a strong city with the best hospitals, so at least the injured were close to the best care possible. Still, I cannot even imagine having been impacted by such a horrible ordeal. May we all keep the victims in our thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. You hang in there!!!!! The unbearable pain is a daily reminder that you're still alive. You inspire more with your words than you'll ever know. Keep your head up and try to keep a smile on your face. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much : ) Your comment reminded me of a song in which the singer Ellie Goulding says "pinch my skin and see i'm still breathing" or something like that. You're so right, pain is symbolic of life even though it sucks. Thanks for your comment and words! xoxoxoxo - A

    ReplyDelete