Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Continued Antibiotics, etc.

Hey everyone! I know I have not written in a bit, much to my deepest regret. Access to a fully functioning computer still proves to be challenging at this point, but I will have a new one by Christmas!

I have been out of the hospital since the end of September now and it has been such a delightful treat. Just earlier today, I spoke with one of the VAC nurses Erin in regards to my antibiotic situation. Initially, upon coming home, I was taking 2000 mg of cephalexin daily (twice a day). We then lowered it to 1000 mg of cephalexin daily and I was due to finish it today. However, due to my unchallenged success on these oral dosages, my doctors have made the decision to keep me on it for another two months as a prophylactic. I was quite pleased with this decision as I have my sister's wedding towards the end of December. The medicine does make me feel slightly sick, but probiotics can help counter this.

As far as debulking my ankle is concerned, I am planning to move forward with this procedure. However, nothing will be finalized until I meet with Dr. Spencer, Dr. Alomari, and Dr. Fishman on January 3rd


I am still dealing with a great deal of anxiety and depression, however am working very hard to make it through each day and to be at least somewhat productive. The hardest part of being out of the hospital is readjusting to at home life while trying to maintain my health and reestablish normal daily habits.

Hope to update soon!

- Arianna

No comments:

Post a Comment