Sunday, June 23, 2013

Back in Hospital

Hey guys - I am back at Children's Hospital Boston due to another cellulitis infection. This one is primarily in my foot region. Pain wise, it has been one of the worst ones I've had in a while. As far as systemic symptoms are concerned, I have been experiencing nausea, tiredness, overall fatigue and low-grade temperatures but nothing striking. For me, each infection has something that stands out about it. For example, with some infections it is the incredibly fierce crayola redness that imparts upon the infected area. For others, it is how sick I got systemically. For this one, it is the relentless pain that is rampant throughout the foot and ankle area. I've been here a day now, and I still cannot bear any weight on it.  It is swollen and red, although the redness is not especially vibrant by any means.

I am being treated on IV clyndamycin and am being given morphine for pain. One thing in which I have learned, however, is that IV pain medications do not last as long as the oral ones (or so I have been told). Therefore, given the intensity of the pain in which I am experiencing, they may switch me over to oral morphine.


Above is a picture from me in the ER last night. As usual, all of the nurses have been so incredibly friendly and helpful. One of my nurses, Christina from 10 NW, is so sweet and friendly to talk to! I had her last during my last hospital trip as well. A good nurse can undoubtedly make a huge impact - so never forget to smile and say thank you! : ) - A

No comments:

Post a Comment