Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Ugly Truth


I am home which is so utterly fantastic, but I still feel kind of crummy overall. Emotionally, I don't really feel as though I have the social support I need present. Virtually, I DO and I am so grateful for that, don't get me wrong! In fact I have no idea how I would carry on without my KTS friends and family on a daily basis. While I love getting to talk to them on here, sometimes I wish that they could actually, well, be here. “Normal” kids my age just don't understand, and it can be really hard to cope with. Sometimes, my friends from around here don't even acknowledge my hospitalizations when they find out about them which can be hurtful. I think they're not sure how to approach the situation, or they are scared that they won't know what to say. Others are just too busy going about their own lives, and it makes me upset because I feel as though I am missing out on living a productive life. Pretty much all of my closest friends from home have their own major life events happening that they need to focus on, and I fully respect that. Sometimes, though, it gets lonely and it's a tough pill to swallow. - A


No comments:

Post a Comment