Saturday, October 25, 2014

I'm Back

Hey, everyone. I hope you are are genuinely well. I apologize for not updating for quite some time; I've been on a bit of a roller-coaster lately in terms of my mental and physical health. My last surgery did indeed take place, but went horribly awry in some aspects. It was nobodies fault by any means, but it turned into an 11 day inpatient stay at Boston children's hospital as opposed to that of of maybe day surgery or 1 or 2 days...

Writing is something I have been incredibly passionate about for several years now; the entirety of my life I have felt misjudged by the vast majority of my colleagues in a slew of ways. With writing, however I get to reflect and present myself in a way that I am too awkward to do so in a verbal manner...that, in itself, is incredibly soothing and cathartic to me. I also write about issues
I am exceedingly passionate about, like having Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome and the ways in which it has impacted my life thus far. Mental health is another topic readers will see me discuss frequently; why does it take Robin Williams (May God rest his soul) killing himself for depression to make headlines? While many were aghast that such a loved man could not find strength to hold on, the truth is this disease impacts mere mortals everywhere. 

I look forward to sharing some of my experiences with you as my far as my Klippel, mental illness, experiences at CHB, and other personal matters are concerned. You will never see me holding a scalpel or be behind the laser of a machine that has helped save my life numerous times, but I hope to save lives in a different way. That is what envokes a burning flame within my soul. I have found my passion throughout the past several years, and despite my obstacles I hope to achieve them. 

In the meantime, though, I do believe in the kindness of strangers as the Klippel family has kept me afloat on many of my off days. They are no longer strangers, though, but treasured friends despite where they end up on this sometimes rather unpredictable, jagged journey.

When I started this post, it was my first time writing since my last one. I was not even quite sure I would be able to construct a simple sentence let alone write in paragraph form...here is to hoping this was somewhat edible in content. 


I greatly anticipate writing more incredibly soon,
Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment