Saturday, July 6, 2013

15 days inpatient

I am currently still inpatient at Children's Hospital Boston because of the ferocity of the cellulitis infection I endured several days ago. I believe today marks my fifteenth day here thus far - just from this one admission. Basically, I am dealing with a massive clot in my foot and a widespread cellulitis infection in my left buttock. Never before has an infection caused me this much pain for this amount of time. The longevity of this infection is what makes it unique from all the others ones I have had thus far. Dr. Fishman, who I saw today, said this is the worst infection I've had yet and it will take a long time to return to baseline.

However, I have made heaps of progress and should be going home any day now (with picc line in tow, of course). My blood pressure is stable as is my temperature, and we have gotten the pain under control. I am even starting to walk with ease all by myself, something in which I was not sure I'd be able to do for a long time again!

With that said, I still feel crummy overall; fatigue and pain are rampant throughout my body. I must say though, I a very proud of myself for coming out victorious despite the events that have occurred in the past couple of weeks. I know I will continue to progress and I look forward to catching a glimpse of summer once I am released from here.

Hope you all are well - XOXO
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment