Friday, March 15, 2013

Atlantic City Weekend

A couple of weeks ago, I went away to Atlantic City with my grandparents for the weekend. It was so nice to be able to get away, even for just a little bit! As juvenile as this may sound, this was my first ever vacation without my parents in tow. And for this KT girl, that was a bit scary! Mainly because of my past with cellulitis infections. I have gotten incredibly sick in the past while away, and having my mom there to watch over me was always a major relief. I may have been deadly sick, but I had my mom to give me my medicine and what not while I lay in bed lifeless from the agonizing pain and systematic symptoms
Even though the chances of getting sick this vacation were slim, I was still worried that an infection could occur, so I brought oral antibiotics. If I had gotten sick, it would have been frightening to be so far away from home and not have my parents there.
The good thing was, I didn't get sick. Also, my grandparents accompanied me on the trip and having them there would have been a comfort too (had I fallen ill). My Nana and Papa have been there for my family and I since I was born; whenever I was hospitalized, they were in my room each day/night making me laugh and forget about any medical struggles I was going through. They have a been a vital part of all my recoveries, and I would be incredibly lost without them.
So I did not get sick, and had an absolute blast with two of the most important people in my live. Treasure the people who have been there for you regardless, because they are the true gems in which you cannot put a price on. - A









No comments:

Post a Comment