Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Power of Makeup...

Interesting story behind the picture below... When it was taken, I had a temperature of 103. I was in the hospital for Sepsis for weeks and my sister's wedding took place while I was still inpatient. So, the hospital (my doctors) gave me a day pass to go to the wedding. You would never know it, but I was so incredibly sick in this picture. I had to be back at the hospital by midnight and was loaded up on a slew of pain medicines to get me through the day. I tried my best to act fine as it was the most important day of my sister and brother-in-laws life thus far, and I did not want to spoil it with my illness; I did not want the attention of me on the biggest day of my sister's life... I had to be back at the hospital by midnight, and felt so incredibly sick throughout the entirety of the day. Still, I did my best to conceal how sick I felt as it was important to me that the focus was on my sister and brother-in-law's big day and not my Klippel. In retrospect, despite how sick I was, I am so glad I was able to be there and that the hospital worked with me to make it happen. It was the first wedding I had ever attended, and to witness the look of love on my sister and brother in laws face at the alter made it all worth it. I would do it all over again despite how sick I was... yet looking at this picture you would never know I felt like I was dying on the inside. Just goes to show what wonders a professional makeup artist and a nice dress can conceal! - Arianna


Click HERE to visit my professional FB page where I update constantly in regards to Klippel and Chronic Illness alike. XOXO - Arianna

No comments:

Post a Comment