Sunday, November 2, 2014

Different Is Beautiful

I like to write with lipstick. ( =



Some days I would quite rather I was not different, but the same as everyone else... - While I appreciate my Doctors and Nurses at the Hospital immensely, they are not people I would have ever wanted to have to know. I never wanted to have to know nor need them. Not in my perfect world, anyway. This, however, is not a perfect world and I am not a perfect person by any means. None of us are, so I am told relentlessly by professionals in the mental health field. They're right - even those highly-esteemed by society for things such as their looks, wealth, occupation, etc. are not perfect... We, as a human-race, are so incredibly far from perfect. We are all designed by something bigger than us, to be who we are. We are not all meant to blend - to the contrary I am afraid. I do not know if I will ever make peace with having this condition prior to leaving Earth someday (when a higher power calls me Home). Despite my contempt for what it has done to me and my family, however, I will learn to embrace what separates me from the vast majority of others out there by not hiding - I will not be ashamed of being different. I didn't choose this condition, it chose me. I will live in spite of it and live my life to the fullest, in hopes that one day I can reach my highest potential in terms of academics, humanity, etc. 

Different IS Beautiful, even though at times it feels like a damn curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment