Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Bucket Full of Sorrow

Hello everyone! I have been feeling rather glum as of lately, partly because I struggle with mental illness and the other reasoning being my Klippel. I do not feel ready to undergo a surgery of the debulking magnitude in January, but I know it is more than likely a great leap forward for me as opposed to a step back... whenever I feel pessimistic about the surgery, I remember that the benefits may greatly outweigh any risks.

One of the issues I have been dealing with lately is utter fatigue – my body is so tired, constantly, which can be attributed to numerous circumstantial things I have happening within my life. A great deal of my friends no longer live in the area, and that in itself can leave my feeling rather lonesome – but I am doing my best to get on despite the constant loneliness in which I often feel.

As far as dating, I am not doing much of that right now as my primary focus needs to be on my own well-being prior to surgery. That may sound rather selfish, but it is the reality of my life at this point in time. Still, I must acknowledge that I do have a multitude of great friends in my life – many of whom I have met through the Vascular Anomalies community – who help to keep my spirits up. I only wish they lived closer!

If you are on Facebook and would like to join my public FB page (Arianna Faro- A Limp At A Time -an extension of this blog) please feel free to do so and find the page by clicking HERE. Much like this blog, I talk about issues such as Klippel, Chronic Illness in general, and mental illness. It also gives a tiny glimpse into my personal life – as well as a large glimpse into my life with Klippel.

Hope you all are well!
Ari


No comments:

Post a Comment